Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK and is awaiting a reply from the Brits team.
Talks between the two camps have been ongoing for several weeks, with Eddie Hearn insisting Joshua only wanted the unification to happen in the UK.
Wilder made a $50million offer to Joshua to come to America, but has now announced he is prepared to come to the UK.
Matchroom boss Hearn is believed to have made a counter offer, which would see Wilder challenge Joshua in his backyard and take home a smaller fight purse.
He said on Instagram: Dear Anthony Joshua fans, since your acting dumb, delusional or just plain Stupid here you go, breaking news.
The $50M offer for Joshua to fight me next in the U.S. is still available to him if he wants it. In addition to that, today I agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the U.K.
BREAKING NEWS for all you @anthonyfjoshua fans… The $50M offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available. Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK. If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. Its up to them to choose. pic.twitter.com/03PE8sk5x0
— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) June 11, 2018
If Joshua prefers the fight in the U.K., the ball is in their court. Its up to them to choose U.S. or U.K. Im in.
A fight between Joshua and Wilder would see all major heavyweight world titles on the line.
Joshua holds the IBF, WBO and WBA (Super) belts, while Wilder reigns as the WBC champion.
Hearn said last week it looked likely Joshua would fight his mandatory Alexander Povetkin next, but it seems AJ will now have the chance to go toe-to-toe with Wilder first.
We have agreed to the terms that Eddie (Hearn) has put out to us for a fight in the UK, Wilders manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN.
Deontay sent an email to Joshua on Sunday night and I sent one today to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract.