Monday, July 16, 2018
Sports

Real Madrid deny they have transfer interest in Neymar – again

author image

Real Madrid release second statement on Neymar amid transfer links
Neymar is reportedly interested in a move this summer (Picture: Getty)

Real Madrid have released a second statement denying the club have any interest in signing Neymar this summer.

Transfer speculation linking Neymar with a return to La Liga have refused to go away despite Real issuing a similar statement at the start of the month.

Claims of a £275million bid were vehemently denied by Real, but that has not stopped the rumour mill linking Neymar with the Spanish giants.

More: Football

Neymar is a Paris Saint-Germain player and Real dismissed the suggestion the club would approach the Brazilian without the Ligue 1 champions blessing.

A statement read: In the face of the constant reports linking PSGs Neymar Jr. to our club, Real Madrid C. F. wish to clarify that the club has no intention of making any offer for the player,” it said.

Advertisement Advertisement

The two clubs enjoy an excellent relationship and, as such, if Real Madrid were at any stage to consider securing the services of a PSG player, they would approach the club in the first instance.

Neymar of Brazil has a shot on goal during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Quarter-Final match at Kazan Arena, Kazan Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd +44 7904 640267 06/07/2018
Neymar starred for Brazil in the World Cup (Picture: Focus Images)
Real Madrid release second statement on Neymar amid transfer links
Paris Saint-Germain only signed Neymar last summer (Picture: Getty)

Neymar left Barcelona in a shock, world-record move last summer to join PSG, but is believed to be considering another switch.

PSG are unlikely to part with a superstar they broke the bank to acquire, while it would be an unusual move for a former Barcelona player to become a Galatico.

Spanish outlet TVE claimed last month Neymar had been offered a seven-year deal to join Real, but the club swiftly responded to that report.

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Brazil and Belgium match in the quarter-finals of the World Cup in Russia 2018 at the Kazan Arena in Kazan, Russia. Pictured: Neymar Ref: SPL5008607 070718 NON-EXCLUSIVE Picture by: Brazil Photo Press / SplashNews.com Splash News and Pictures Los Angeles: 310-821-2666 New York: 212-619-2666 London: 0207 644 7656 Milan: +39 02 4399 8577 Sydney: +61 02 9240 7700 photodesk@splashnews.com World Rights,
(Picture: SplashNews)
Real Madrid release second statement on Neymar amid transfer links
(Picture: Getty)

Given the information issued tonight by TVE on a supposed offer of Real Madrid to PSG and player Neymar, Real Madrid CF said that this information is outright false.

Real Madrid has not made any kind of offer to PSG or the player, a statement read on Madrids website.

Real Madrid is surprised that Spanish public television has been able to broadcast absolutely false information without anyone from this medium has contacted any of the parties to contrast the alleged information that could easily have been denied.

MORE: Text sent to Diego Costa set to be used against Antonio Conte by Chelsea in court

Advertisement Advertisement

MORE: Real Madrid target Eden Hazard, Kylian Mbappe or Neymar to replace Cristiano Ronaldo

More: Football

Advertisement Advertisement

Leave a Reply